– Trump shut down the U.S. Government for 35 days (The longest in US History) over the border wall fight for $5 billion. He never got his five billion and eventually claimed victory to getting 1.8 billion approved by the house (this is less than he could have agreed to end the shutdown)
– Trump has separated families who attempt to enter the country. forcing children into facilities, alone. No tracking system was put in place to reunite the families.
– Trump justice lawyers are currently arguing in court to deny the children in detention alone, basic needs like soap, tooth brushes, tooth paste, etc.
– Trump defended Neo-Nazis after one murdered a protester in Charlottesville, Heather Hayer, and gravely injured many others. On top of the fact they were organized, carrying Tiki Torches, and yelling “Jews will not replace us.”
– Trump never denounced White Nationalist leaders like David Duke during the election after Duke endorsed him. Even more, Trump lied and said he didnt know who David Duke was when evidence showed they know each other.
– Trump was not popularly elected, his base acts like God put him in office for conservative judge appointments and the fight against abortion. (Trump was a donor to Planned Parenthood, The Clintons, and a member of the Democratic party before he saw an opportunity to scam conservatives)
– Trump keeps making the claim he was spied on during the election, implicating Obama. This is probably a lie since you can’t trust claims made by Trump at face value, but if he was under surveillance, it’s most likely because the FBI was aware of his attempts at collusion with Russia, as laid out in the Muller report.
I used to be better at taking a break at what I was doing, enjoying my surroundings and sometimes capturing it on audio to give me an audio recall of that moment in time. Here are a few examples that I recently came across.
The Birds in the Park, Melbourne Australia, Feb 2009.
A gorgeous small park right next to my apartment had a lot of noises going on from birds much different than you find back in Oklahoma.
The definitive Star Wars good to bad list, as defined by me.
1. The last Jedi (2017) It’s easy to fall into the trap of the lastest is the best because of technology and modern trends, but this Star Wars movie was pretty bold. It divided the Star Wars fandom in two but what haters are missing here is that the Star Wars movies from their youth is not the same story we need now. A New Hope was about Good vs Evil, Black and White, right and wrong. But we’ve evolved since then and we know that most things live in the gray and extremism in any form is bad. Honest Trailers Review | CinemaSins Review
The elections last night were complicated. Both sides are feeling victory and loss today. The hardest losses for me to absorb seem like in hindsight, were an obvious outcome – Republicans won in the very red states and promise more of the same. Clearly no one is happy with “the same”, but people don’t like change of values even more, and these races were made about (perceived) values and nothing to do with leadership, so we will keep on keepin on.
I love podcasts. It’s not as much of a commitment as a book, it can be serialized, and they aren’t as depressing as the news. I like having something playing in the background while I work so I’ve vetted many to see what appeals to me. I didn’t mean to make the list in order of preference. But after making it, yea, this is pretty much the order I would rank my top 10.
2016 is one of those years that seemed to defy common sense and logic. On a societal level, we devolved. A populist wave of “Go F#@& yourself” swept the country like never before thanks to an unchecked political agenda and a growing apathy towards others.